Karimix’s Chutney – Kentish Christmas Gift Guide
Karimix is a UK based independent, BRC accredited food manufacturer located in Kent which specializes in bringing the traditional aromas and flavours of South-East Asia and more into the modern kitchen. Karimix sell a range of relishes, chutneys, curry pastes, marinades, soups, sauces and condiments, which can be purchased from their website.
Karimix have provided us with several fantastic recipe suggestions for three of their most popular chutneys; Tomato, Mango & Tamarind. This festive season is the perfect excuse to give one of them a try! Or you could buy a loved one a set of chutneys for Christmas and include the recipes below.
KARIMIX TOMATO CHUTNEY – KM 0019
Ripe tomatoes infused with ginger & spices to provide a tangy, flavourful chutney.
- Sundried tomato roulade with Karimix Tomato Chutney.
- Dressing for tomato salad – oil, sun dried tomato paste and Karimix Tomato Chutney.Poured over sliced tomatoes with mozzarella cheese.
- Karimix Tomato Chutney and coconut soup with pork cubes and coriander.
- Karimix Tomato Chutney, coconut with ginger soup with shredded chicken andcarrots.
- Pork spare ribs marinated in Karimix Tomato Chutney and BBQ or baked.
- Serve Karimix Tomato Chutney with smoked meats – duck, charcuteries, blackpudding.
- Marinade pork loin with Karimix Tomato Chutney and orange slices with a touch ofsoy sauce and bake.
- Brie and Karimix Tomato Chutney in wrapped in filo parcels and bake.
- Chicken with Karimix Tomato Chutney and stir fry with fresh vegetables.
KARIMIX MANGO CHUTNEY – KM 0016
Delicately spiced chutney with mango pieces, ginger, garlic & mixed spices.
- Mix Karimix Mango Chutney in a sauce with red onions, tomatoes to make a salsa to serve with meat.
- Prune with bacon and Karimix Mango Chutney on a bed of sliced potatoes and bake.
- Roast Duck with Karimix Mango Chutney.
- Baked brie and Karimix Mango Chutney wrapped in puff pastry.
- Grilled gammon steak served with Karimix Mango Chutney mixed with chopped pineapple.
- Karimix Mango Chutney with apricot (diced or puree) and serve with devil chicken wings as a dip.
- Pastry tart baked with Karimix Mango Chutney and mango slices as a dessert.
- Karimix Mango Chutney ice-cream.
- Camembert and Karimix Mango Chutney filo pastry.
- Braised pork chop with Karimix Mango Chutney in a tomato sauce.
KARIMIX TAMARIND CHUTNEY – KM 0012
A deliciously rich chutney made with tamarind puree, sultanas, ginger & aromatic spices.
- Beef lasagne marinated with Karimix Tamarind Chutney.
- Serve Karimix Tamarind Chutney as an accompaniment with Duck breast and othersmoked meats.
- Karimix Tamarind Chutney with Lamb cubes fresh mint and bake.
- Toss one tablespoon of Karimix Tamarind Chutney in with boiled carrots and thenroasted with some olive oil.
- Add Karimix Tamarind Chutney to roasted parsnips and then roast.
- To marinade coat meat with Karimix Tamarind Chutney and little salt, roast or stir-fry,then a squeeze of lemon juice and serve. Delicious accompaniment to cheeses,sausages, ham and cold cuts.
- Add Karimix Tamarind Chutney to pork, chicken or lamb sandwiches.
- Mix some red wine vinegar, honey and oil to Karimix Tamarind Chutney and add thisa salad dressing or a drizzle over game.
KARIMIX UK LTD
Stone Stile Farm, Selling, Faversham, Kent ME13 9SD
T: 01227 733878 W: www.karimix.com