Produced in Kent champions artisan gifts for Dads who like different!
This Father’s Day, Produced in Kent has curated a round-up of distinctive, Kentish artisan gifts from members offering online ordering and nationwide delivery – for Dads who like different.
For book lovers and foodies:
- The Pig at Bridge, near Canterbury’s beautiful cookery book THE PIG: Tales and Recipes from the Kitchen Garden and Beyond is their first book about all things PIG. Its ten chapters are packed full of simple recipes, drink pairing tips, kitchen garden growing hacks, interior inspirations and home-grown how-tos! Priced at £30, order online at https://www.thepighotel.com/the-pig-book/ and request a personal note with a greeting.
- Weald Smokery offers an awesome ‘Award Winners Box’ brimming with their finest smoked meat and fish, all of which are Great Taste Gold Award winners. Add a bottle of wine, some cheese, a sweet treat or freshly baked bread to make it bespoke. Available for delivery nationwide. Priced at £48.50, order online http://www.wealdsmokery.co.uk/ or call 01580 879601.
For those who enjoy a tipple:
- Britain’s oldest brewer Shepherd Neame has launched a new range of mini kegs. Its first range of 5 litre mini kegs is currently available in Whitstable Bay Pale Ale, Bear Island Triple Hopped Lager, Bear Island East Coast Pale Ale and Spitfire Amber. Priced from £27.50, order online from https://shop.shepherdneame.co.uk/ and the brewery will donate £1 from every item ordered before the end of May to Kent NHS Community Heroes. Allow a minimum of 3-4 working days for delivery.
- Goody Ales have a range of 3-bottle or 6-bottle gift boxes featuring their award winning, traditional English ales. Brewed using only Kentish hops and the finest quality malted barley Goody Ales answer the prayers of beer loving fathers everywhere! Single bottles start from £3 available online www.openfoodnetwork.org.uk/goody-ales/shop, allow 2-3 days for delivery.
- Biddenden Vineyard has its Special Reserve, a 13% cider that’s matured in oak whisky casks, ideal for serving as a port or sherry. Or for those with a sweeter tooth, Biddenden Special Mead is a rich, sweet, pyment style wine produced using fermented fruit and honey. Available online for nationwide home delivery at www.biddendenvineyards.com. RRP £9.60 per 75cl bottle
- Anno Distillers has miniature gift sets, priced at £16.50, featuring three delicious 50ml gins from their award-winning range so he can enjoy his own gin tasting. Alternatively, give him an experience to remember with a tour behind-the-scenes at Anno’s distillery. Tour vouchers are priced at £25.00 and are valid for 12 months. Available from www.annodistillers.co.uk
For seaside lovers:
- Archie Seaglass creates seaside themed handmade designs using tumbled sea glass foraged on the stony beach in picturesque Folkestone, once home to a Victorian glass factory. Their Father’s Day card is £4 available to order online at www.seaglassbyarchie.co.uk, including first class postage, please allow 5-6 days for delivery.
- Also inspired by the sea, hand-made, sterling silver Ammonite cufflinks by Kent-based jewellery designer Jenni Rogers. These plus four other unique cufflink designs are priced from £28 (plus P&P) and available to buy online at www.jennirogersjewellery.com. Nationwide delivery available by Royal Mail next day or tracked services.
For the Dad in need of some R&R:
- Romney Marsh Wool’s “Men’s Gift Box” contains a pair of Moccasins and “Bed
Buddies” wool socks, made using hand selected fleece from their own flock of
Romney ewe, plus a set of natural Lanolin rich shampoo and bath & shower
gel. Available for home delivery throughout the UK, each set is
beautifully presented in a recyclable cardboard gift box and tissue paper and
retails at £85. A special message may be added and gift wrapping is
available. Order online at www.romneymarshwools.co.uk for dispatch within 3 working days.
For more information on these and other Produced in Kent member
companies offering Father’s Day gifts: www.helpkentbuylocal.co.uk/goodnews